Gliding on castors, this version of Crown seating suits offices and residences alike. The open-back design is a playful touch from Massproductions designer Chris Martin, lending an airy visual appeal. Upholstered in a choice of premium textiles, it’s a perfect option wherever mobility in a chair is a priority, from a workspace to a dining room.
- 32.7" h x 23.2" w x 22" d (83x59x56cm)
- Seat height: 17.7" (45cm)
- Fabric A: Relate, Reflect, Field 2, Era, Advantage, Mainline Flax, Linara, Smooth, Solids & Stripes, Natté
- Fabric B: Floyd, Remix 3, Molly 2, Blazer, Synergy, Ruskin, Kota, Osumi, Acton, Leone plus, Creek, Lido, Lido Trend
- Fabric C: Tonus 4, Safire (Sahco), Re-wool, Melange Nap, Foss, Steelcut Trio, Steelcut 2, Canvas 2, Planum, Nitto, Silk, Fuga, Lamu, Ponza, Wooly, Wooly+, Loop
- Fabric C Plus: Hallingdal 65, Harald 3, Vidar 3,Divina 3, Divina MD, Plecto, Mosiac 2, Sprinkles, Tweed
- Fabric D: Coda 2, Noise, Euro Post, Luna 2, Nuance, Elmo Soft, Elmo Nordic
- Fabric D Plus: Pilot, Silas, Tiree, Dunes, Elmo Rustical, Storr, Karakorum
- Fabric E: Gentle 2, Shade
- COM and COL are available on request
“Our goal is to use industrial processes to create furniture which people can get excited about, something that gives them pride of ownership,” says Chris Martin of Stockholm-based Massproductions. “You can do that with a hand-crafted piece, but for us the satisfaction comes from achieving it with an industrially produced article.” Chris, an Englishman, and Swedish business partner Magnus Elebäck first met as independent consultants and eventually put their accumulated knowledge to work for themselves in 2009 by opening their own furniture company, Massproductions.
Within modernist design codes, they strive for a “dignified simplicity” and their emblematic Tio Chair took the prestigious Golden Chair award from the Swedish Association of Architects. Also cognizant of environmental factors, a core concept is to produce “cleverly and in volume” to emphasize sustainability as well as social ethics, Chris says. "We believe that responsible and rational mass production benefits the consumer, the factory worker and everyone in-between.”