These black beauties from Stelton are forged from a single piece of stainless steel. The special black matte coating is easy to clean, FDA-approved and hygienic, plus provides a great grip. The white magnetic bar amplifies the quiet graphic form of the individual pieces. Sebastian Holmbäck and Ulrik Nordentoft met at the Danish Design School and in 2008 opened the HolmbäckNordentoft studio in an old fisherman’s cottage in Espergærde, a village north of Copenhagen. Among Pure Black’s many design awards is the prestigious Red Dot in 2011: Best of the Best for the Highest Design Quality.
- Small Chef's Knife: 9.375" l (23.8cm)
- Large Chef's Knife: 13.5" l (34.3cm)
- Bread Knife: 14.75" l (37.5cm)
- Santoku Knife: 10.625" l (27cm)
- Paring Knife: 7.875" l (20cm)
- Carving Fork: 11.75" l (29.9cm)
- Boning Knife: 9.75" l (24.8cm)
- Kitchen Set: Chef's Knife Small, Chef's Knife Large, Bread Knife, Santoku Knife and Paring Knife.
- Kitchen + Carving Set: Kitchen Set + Carving Fork and Boning Knife.
- Full Set: Pure Black Knives, Boning Knife, Carving Fork and White Magnetic Strip. Save 10% off with this complete collection.
Stainless chromium steel, FDA-approved matte black coating
A benchmark of Danish mid-century design, Stelton today is committed to honoring its enviable legacy while pushing forward with new artistry. Original founders Niels Stellan Høm and Carton Madelaire were friends who tagged their brand with their merged first names. Though they dabbled in sports shoes and furniture, the partners’ true calling came when they began producing stainless steel tableware in the 1960s that came to be recognized the world over, especially in the U.S.
The Cylinda-Line—designed by the legendary Arne Jacobsen—was instantly iconic, with its uncluttered cylindrical shapes and brushed steel surfaces. That milestone was followed by the now-classic Stelton vacuum jug which ushered in 30 years of collaboration between business head Peter Holmblad and creative guru Erik Magnussen. Now under owner Michael Ring, Stelton continues to innovate with products like the Pure Black range of cutlery.