Dutch artist and designer Maarten Baas wanted his upholstered seating for Moooi to have the blurry effect of a rough sketch. The footstool for his Something Like This range takes his fondness for impromptu drawings and translates that as a softly modeled shape. Foam-fill cushioning makes it a comfortable perch, clad in one of SLT's many fine upholstery choices.
16.1" h x 35" w x 25.6" d (41x89x65cm)
- Category I: Denim, Solis, Abbracci
- Category II: Remix 3
- Category III: Justo, Merit, Vesper
- Category IV: Divina 3, Divina Melange 3, Divina MD, Fiord 2 , Steel Cut Trio 3, Palette
- Category V: Hallingdal 65, EA, Bearded Leopard Jacquard, EA, Blushing Sloth Melange Mohair, EA Blushing Sloth Woolly Mohair, EA, The Silent Bison Velvet, EA Calligraphy Bird Jacquard, EA, Dodo Pavone Jacquard
- COM and COL are available on request
It rhymes with “boy,” and a child’s wonder and uninhibited creative impulse is at the heart of this Amsterdam design house co-founded in 2001 by Netherlands design star Marcel Wanders. Then as now, Moooi’s aim is to crack conventions of modern design, providing a platform for the most experimental creatives around the world, including Studio Job, Bertjan Pot, Front and Neri&Hu, as well as creative director Wanders himself.
Some of Moooi’s beautifully eccentric pieces like the charred-wood Smoke Chair; the nearly life-size Horse Lamp; and Iconic Eyes, a dazzling hanging light made of BMW headlights, have become design icons. “We are not the kind of company that decides to produce a commercial chair and then contacts the right designer,” says Robin Bevers, who took the reins as CEO in 2015, after co-founder and Dutch design entrepreneur Casper Vissers stepped away. “It’s rather the other way round: they contact us.” From hotels to homes, the flights of fancy in furnishings, wallcoverings, rugs, lighting and décor from Moooi continue to marvel.