Danish designer Theresa Arns couples the visual appeal of a defined structure with the imperative of creature comfort in the Septembre Sofa for Menu. With perfect harmony, the defining curve of the bentwood backrest is offset by the plump and inviting seating cushions. A study in appealing proportions, Septembre reads as both stately and intimate- and looks as good from behind as the front.
25.25" h x 78" w x 31.5" d (95x204x80cm)
Seat height: 14.75" (37cm)
Ash veneer, cold foam, upholstery
- Textile Group 1: Remix 2, Maple, Gaja C2C, Hot Madison, City Velvet, Champion
- Textile Group 2: Fiord, Canvas, Colline, Hallingdal, Savanna, Steelcut trio, Steelcut, Ritz, Divina Melange, Clay, Moss
- Textile Group 3: Vintage, Safire, Grisaille, Ponpon
- Textile Group 4: Doppiopanama, Deco, Lupo, Atlas
- Leather Group 1: Ultra, Dakar
- Leather Group 2: Shade, Dunes, Instill
- Leather Group 3: Royal Nubuck
- Leather Group 4: Elegance
From lighting and furniture, tabletop to bath, the wide offerings of Menu speaks to this Copenhagen-based company’s guiding quest for functional originality. “It’s about creating aesthetically pleasing designs that evoke true feelings as well as improving processes in people’s daily lives,” says Menu founder Bjarne Hansen. This is also reflected in its stable of influential creatives including Norm Architects, Afteroom Studio, Jonas Wagell and Krøyer-Sætter-Lassen among others standouts.
Menu is just as dedicated to responsible manufacturing as innovation. Working to locate new partners in developing countries around the world, the company searches out local factories or small private co-operations to turn out high quality goods and also provide a better economic foundation for the people involved in that production.