With In Between, designer Sami Kallio explores the boundary between man and machine. Utilizing both traditional hand craft and modern veneer compression molding, he arrives at this sturdy but surprisingly lightweight stool. The result is a timeless balance of genial curves and fine proportion from Copenhagen-based &Tradition. Sami's desire for a comfortable addition to any space was paramount; most assuredly in this version with its fully upholstered seat.
- Counter: 36.25" h x 21.5" w x 19.75" d (92x55x50cm)
- Counter Seat Height: 26.25" (65cm)
- Counter Armrest Height: 34.5" (88cm)
- Bar: 40.25" h x 21.5" w x 19.75" d (102x55x50cm)
- Bar Seat Height: 30.25" (75cm)
- Bar Armrest Height: 38.5" (98cm)
Solid oak, formpressed veneer, fabric or leather upholstery
- Fabric Group 1: Canvas, Linara, Remix, Re-Wool
- Fabric Group 2: Chelsea, Divina, Divina MD, Divina Melange, Duke, Fiord, Hallingdal, Hero, Loop, Maple, Ritz, Ruskin, Steelcut, Steelcut Trio, Tonus, Velvet
- Fabric Group 3: Atelier Moderne, Balder, Clay, Colline, Harald, Skai Parotega Artificial leather, Sunniva, Twill Weave, Vidar, Zero
- Fabric Group 4: Atlas, Fuse, Karakorum, Karandash, Ria, Serafino, Sonar
- Leather Group 1: Sydney semi-aniline leather
- Leather Group 2: Silk aniline leather
- Leather Group 3: Nubuck aniline leather
Design is never static. When Copenhagen-based &Tradition was established in 2010, founder Martin Kornbek Hansen's mission was to produce work that was defined by a unique vision, whether it came from Danish legends of the past or young innovators of the future. The roster extends from timeless luminaries such as Verner Panton and Arne Jacobsen to current leading lights Samuel Wilkinson and Norm.Architects to exciting new names Mia Hamborg and Victor Vetterlein. As the company's Kornbek Hansen puts it: "We see a kinship between the old masters, who were avant-garde in their time, and new designers creating the ground-breaking icons of today."
With its library of furniture and lighting extending from the 1930s to the present day, the firm is uniquely positioned to carry on the Nordic tradition of unstinting craftsmanship and adroit use of materials. Nonetheless, &Tradition sees its future in global terms, handpicking design talent and production facilities internationally in an effort to continually produce relevant product and engage a new generation of conscious consumers.