As part of their brief for refinishing Copenhagen's landmark SAS Royal Hotel, Signe Bindslev Henriksen and Peter Bundgaard Rützou created this gracefully rounded chair with a crisp-lined flat exterior and soft channel-padded interior cushioning. With Loafer, they found a shape that conveyed a sense of intimacy even in the vast interior of the lobby. Moreover, relates Peter, "the design had to relate the signature spiral staircase and the circular columns of the space." In the end, though, this strikingly comfortable seating would be at home just about anywhere, in a residential setting or a refined hotel, club, or lounge.
- 29.5" h x 27.5" w x 26.5" d (75x70x67cm)
- Seat height: 16.5" (42cm)
- Seat depth: 19" (48cm)
Fabric or leather upholstery, wood, HR foam, polyester wadding
- Fabric Group 1: Remix, Canvas, Linara, Re-Wool
- Fabric Group 2: Hallingdal, Divina, Divina MD, Divina Melange, Steelcut, Steelcut Trio, Tonus, Hero, Fiord, Maple, Ruskin, Velvet, Chelsea, Loop, Duke, Ritz
- Fabric Group 3: Balder, Sunniva, Vidar, Harald, Colline, Twill Weave, Parotega artificial leather, Zero, Moss
- Fabric Group 4: Fuse, Sonar, Ria, Karakorum, Karandash, Serafino, Noise
- Leather Group 1: CA-MO Sydney semi-aniline leather
- Leather Group 2: CA-MO Silk aniline leather
- Leather Group 3:Penelope Oggi Nubuck aniline leather, Sørensen Duet leather
- COM and COL available on request
Design is never static. When Copenhagen-based &Tradition was established in 2010, founder Martin Kornbek Hansen's mission was to produce work that was defined by a unique vision, whether it came from Danish legends of the past or young innovators of the future. The roster extends from timeless luminaries such as Verner Panton and Arne Jacobsen to current leading lights Samuel Wilkinson and Norm.Architects to exciting new names Mia Hamborg and Victor Vetterlein. As the company's Kornbek Hansen puts it: "We see a kinship between the old masters, who were avant-garde in their time, and new designers creating the ground-breaking icons of today."
With its library of furniture and lighting extending from the 1930s to the present day, the firm is uniquely positioned to carry on the Nordic tradition of unstinting craftsmanship and adroit use of materials. Nonetheless, &Tradition sees its future in global terms, handpicking design talent and production facilities internationally in an effort to continually produce relevant product and engage a new generation of conscious consumers.