With Beetle Stool, the characteristic companion Beetle Chair from Gubi gets a versatile counterpart. Referencing its namesake insect, designers GamFratesi envision the footrest as a shell-like shape with a rounded and soft interior. The result is a comfortable extra perch with a lightly scaled appearance on its attenuated conic base, in a custom choice of upholstery options.
17.75" h x 17.25" w x 13.75" d (45x44x35cm)
Fabric or leather upholstery, steel
- Group 1: Eros, Messenger 5, Tempt, Hot Madison
- Group 2: Bel Lino, Crisp, Dandy, Fame Hybrid, Remix, Step Melange, Fame, Spitfire, Valencia, Dolce Lino, Light Boucle
- Group 3: Canvas, Chambray, Shetland G137, Fiord, Harp, Tonus
- Group 4: Hallingdal 65, Steelcut, Steelcut Trio, Vidar 3, Savanna, Basic, Belsuede, Harald, Jabana, Ritz, Sinequanon, Adamo & Eva
- Group 5: Karakorum, Sierra, Sunniva, Tangier, Lupo, Melville
- Group 6: Silk, Triumph, Sheepskin
- Group 7: Chamois, Artemidor, Noise, Savanne, Dunes
- COM and COL are available on request
Design is an unceasing continuum, believes this Danish house, now owned by a second generation. Owner and creative director Jacob Gubi Olsen inherited the helm from his parents Gubi and Lisbeth Larson, who founded the business to showcase their postmodern furniture. Under Jacob’s watch, Gubi added a global focus to its roots in Copenhagen, with a cosmopolitan array of furniture, lighting and interior objects.
Alongside 20th Century icons such as Robert Dudley Best and Greta Magnusson-Grossman, the design house has championed a new wave of design studios including GamFratesi, Space Copenhagen and OeO Studio. “I started out with two very strong designs, Bestlite—a Bauhaus collection designed in 1930—and Gubi Chair, designed in 2003. I felt they had something in common,” says Jacobs. “Iconic appearance, functional design, high quality, aesthetic design language and adaptable for many different kinds of interiors. I took these values as a guideline for any new designs added to the collection ever since.”