Afteroom Bar + Counter Stool: Upholstered
$365 - $800
The Afteroom Bar and Counter Stool follow the defining lines of the very first chair produced by Menu, with the addition of a padded seat. In the spirit of the legendary Bauhaus ideal, the Afteroom designers struck a balance between form and function. Now based in Stockholm, Taiwanese-born duo Hung-Ming Chen and Chen-Yen Wei focus on the essentials—an attenuated powder-coated steel frame and a fluid expression where the seat appears to float. In the same cohesive vein, upholstery in artful Kvadrat textiles or rich Aniline leather expands the creature comfort factor.
- Bar: 28.9" h x 19.7" dia (73.5x50cm)
- Counter: 25" h x 18.9" dia (63.5x48cm)
Powder-coated steel, wood
- Textile Group 0: Boucle
- Textile Group 1: Champion, City Velvet, Maple, Melange Nap, Remix 3, Re-wool, llusion
- Textile Group 2: Canvas 2, Colline 2, Fiord 2, Hallingdal 65, Reflect, Savanna, Steelcut 2, Steelcut Trio 3
- Textile Group 3: Merci Boucle, Safire, Velvet Mix
- Leather Group 1: Dakar, Ultra
- Leather Group 2: Dunes, Nuance, Shade
- Leather Group 3: Royal Nubuck
- Leather Group 4: Elegance
- COM and COL available on request
From lighting and furniture, tabletop to bath, the wide offerings of Menu speaks to this Copenhagen-based company’s guiding quest for functional originality. “It’s about creating aesthetically pleasing designs that evoke true feelings as well as improving processes in people’s daily lives,” says Menu founder Bjarne Hansen. This is also reflected in its stable of influential creatives including Norm Architects, Afteroom Studio, Jonas Wagell and Krøyer-Sætter-Lassen among others standouts.
Menu is just as dedicated to responsible manufacturing as innovation. Working to locate new partners in developing countries around the world, the company searches out local factories or small private co-operations to turn out high quality goods and also provide a better economic foundation for the people involved in that production.