The option of an upholstered seat stylishly tempers the sweeping wood curve of Menu's handsomely cantilevered Ready. Exploring the limits of form-pressing technique, independent Copenhagen designers Matias Møllenbach and Nick Rasmussen came together to conceive the seating in FSC-certified oak veneer, available with either a natural or red-stained finish. First intended for dining, it's also stackable up to 10 chairs high, making it a versatile contract player.
- 30.7" h x 18.7" w x 19.7" d (78x47.5x50cm)
- Seat height: 19" (48.3cm)
Beech wood, oak veneer, PA plastic glides
- Textile Group 0: Boucle
- Textile Group 1: Champion, Maple, Melange Nap, Remix 3, Re-wool, Illusion
- Textile Group 2: Canvas 2, Colline 2, Fiord 2, Hallingdal 65, Reflect, Savanna, Steelcut 2, Steelcut Trio 3
- Textile Group 3: Merci Boucle, Safire
- Leather Group 1: Dakar, Ultra
- Leather Group 2: Dunes, Nuance, Shade
- Leather Group 3: Royal Nubuck
- Leather Group 4: Elegance
- COM and COL available on request
From lighting and furniture, tabletop to bath, the wide offerings of Menu speaks to this Copenhagen-based company’s guiding quest for functional originality. “It’s about creating aesthetically pleasing designs that evoke true feelings as well as improving processes in people’s daily lives,” says Menu founder Bjarne Hansen. This is also reflected in its stable of influential creatives including Norm Architects, Afteroom Studio, Jonas Wagell and Krøyer-Sætter-Lassen among others standouts.
Menu is just as dedicated to responsible manufacturing as innovation. Working to locate new partners in developing countries around the world, the company searches out local factories or small private co-operations to turn out high quality goods and also provide a better economic foundation for the people involved in that production.