Norwegian designer Falke Svatun simplifies the indispensable side chair to basic elements: sturdy, high-quality form-pressed plywood is laminated with the same wood that the solid legs and backrest are made from. Legs are pinned to the seat with dowels. And the 6mm thin backrest is curved for long-wearing comfort. Manufactured by Danish powerhouse Menu, with an upholstered seat in silk leather or Kvadrat textile.
31.5" h x 19" w x 19" d (80x48x48cm)
Seat Height: 18" h (45.75cm)
Natural oak or stained ash, fabric or leather upholstery
- Textile Group 1: Remix 3, Maple, Gaja C2C, Hot Madison, City Velvet, Champion, Melange Nap
- Textile Group 2: Ritz, Fiord, Canvas, Colline, Hallingdal 65, Savanna, Steelcut 2, Steelcut trio 3, Divina Melange, Clay, Moss
- Textile Group 3: Vintage, Safire, Grisaille, Ponpon
- Textile Group 4: Doppiopanama
- Leather 1: Ultra, Dakar
- Leather 2: Shade, Dunes, Instill
- Leather 3: Royal Nubuck
- Leather 4: Elegance
- COM and COL available on request
From lighting and furniture, tabletop to bath, the wide offerings of Menu speaks to this Copenhagen-based company’s guiding quest for functional originality. “It’s about creating aesthetically pleasing designs that evoke true feelings as well as improving processes in people’s daily lives,” says Menu founder Bjarne Hansen. This is also reflected in its stable of influential creatives including Norm Architects, Afteroom Studio, Jonas Wagell and Krøyer-Sætter-Lassen among others standouts.
Menu is just as dedicated to responsible manufacturing as innovation. Working to locate new partners in developing countries around the world, the company searches out local factories or small private co-operations to turn out high quality goods and also provide a better economic foundation for the people involved in that production.