A memory of his grandfather's favorite shop sparked the Tailor Sofa from Portuguese designer Rui Alves. Images of old wooden hangers holding grey suits find a parallel in the dramatic curved oak frame and textile-covered foam shell. Like a bespoke suit, the Tailor Sofa is meant to be seen, and admired, from all sides, says Rui. "Nothing should be hidden."
29" h x 70.75" l x 27.25" d (74x180x69cm)
Leather or upholstery, ash wood
- Textile Group 1: Remix 3, Maple, Gaja C2C, Hot Madison,Champion, Melange Nap
- Textile Group 2: Fiord, Canvas, Colline, Hallingdal 65, Savanna, Steelcut 2, Steelcut trio 3, Divina Melange, Clay, Moss
- Textile Group 3: Vintage, Safire, Grisaille, Ponpon
- Textile Group 4: Doppiopanama
- Leather 1: Ultra, Dakar
- Leather 2: Shade, Dunes, Nuance, Instill
- Leather 3: Royal Nubuck
- COM and COL available on request
From lighting and furniture, tabletop to bath, the wide offerings of Menu speaks to this Copenhagen-based company’s guiding quest for functional originality. “It’s about creating aesthetically pleasing designs that evoke true feelings as well as improving processes in people’s daily lives,” says Menu founder Bjarne Hansen. This is also reflected in its stable of influential creatives including Norm Architects, Afteroom Studio, Jonas Wagell and Krøyer-Sætter-Lassen among others standouts.
Menu is just as dedicated to responsible manufacturing as innovation. Working to locate new partners in developing countries around the world, the company searches out local factories or small private co-operations to turn out high quality goods and also provide a better economic foundation for the people involved in that production.