Like a sleekly fitted suit, Portuguese designer Rui Alves' sofa cuts a mean silhouette. Fondly recalling memories of his grandfather's bespoke shop, Tailor delineates comfort via its molded and upholstered shell encased in a frame made of steam-bent solid oak. Melding the new with the timeless, wooden joints carefully frame the round shape of the sofa, giving the piece a handmade look and feel. Smartly upholstered cold-foam cushioning adds the final welcoming touch.
- 29.5" h x 70.9" w x 28" d (75x180x71cm)
- Seat height: 16.1" (41cm)
Solid oak, fibreglass
- Textile Group 0: Boucle
- Textile Group 1: Champion, City Velvet, Maple, Melange Nap, Remix 3, Re-wool, Illusion
- Textile Group 2: Canvas, Colline 2, Fiord 2, Hallingdal 65, Reflect, Savanna, Steelcut 2, Steelcut Trio 3
- Textile Group 3: Merci Boucle, Safire
- Leather Group 1: Darkar, Ultra
- Leather Group 2: Dunes, Nuance, Shade
- Leather Group 3: Royal Nubuck
- Leather Group 4: Elegance
- COM and COL available on request
From lighting and furniture, tabletop to bath, the wide offerings of Menu speaks to this Copenhagen-based company’s guiding quest for functional originality. “It’s about creating aesthetically pleasing designs that evoke true feelings as well as improving processes in people’s daily lives,” says Menu founder Bjarne Hansen. This is also reflected in its stable of influential creatives including Norm Architects, Afteroom Studio, Jonas Wagell and Krøyer-Sætter-Lassen among others standouts.
Menu is just as dedicated to responsible manufacturing as innovation. Working to locate new partners in developing countries around the world, the company searches out local factories or small private co-operations to turn out high quality goods and also provide a better economic foundation for the people involved in that production.