Nick Ross says his lounge chair sits “in the middle between a purely sculptural expression and a functional, utilitarian object.” Tearoom wraps its comfort-inducing interior wood and foam construction in a sleekly upholstered wraparound curve. The Stockholm-based designer alludes to the chair’s versatility by adding, “The balance makes it universal in form and function, and gives it staying power.”
- 30.7" h x 35" w x 27.6" d (78x89x70cm)
- Seat height: 16.9" (43cm)
Plywood, MDF, HR foam, webbing or belts, no-sag springs
- Textile Group 0: Boucle
- Textile Group 1: Champion, City Velvet, Maple, Melange Nap, Remix 3, Re-wool, Illusion
- Textile Group 2: Canvas, Colline 2, Fiord 2, Hallingdal 65, Reflect, Savanna, Steelcut 2, Steelcut Trio 3
- Textile Group 3: Merci Boucle, Safire, Velvet Mix
- COM and COL available on request
From lighting and furniture, tabletop to bath, the wide offerings of Menu speaks to this Copenhagen-based company’s guiding quest for functional originality. “It’s about creating aesthetically pleasing designs that evoke true feelings as well as improving processes in people’s daily lives,” says Menu founder Bjarne Hansen. This is also reflected in its stable of influential creatives including Norm Architects, Afteroom Studio, Jonas Wagell and Krøyer-Sætter-Lassen among others standouts.
Menu is just as dedicated to responsible manufacturing as innovation. Working to locate new partners in developing countries around the world, the company searches out local factories or small private co-operations to turn out high quality goods and also provide a better economic foundation for the people involved in that production.