With its statement-making uneven profile, Dutch design house Moooi's unconventional way with luxury infuses a modular sofa from a renowned fellow Netherlander, artist and designer Maarten Baas. The individual Something Like This elements include single- and double-seaters, a chaise longue and accompanying side and armrest modules for a customized seating grouping. Downy foam-fill cushions exude lasting comfort and the seating is available in the full run of SLT's premium upholstery selections.
- Chaise Longue:
- Left: 34.6" h x 52.4" w x 60.6" d (88x133x154cm)
- Right: 34.6" h x 52" w x 59.8" d (88x132x152cm)
- Seat height: 16.1" (41cm)
- Single Seat Element:
- 34.6" h x 52" w x 59.8" d (88x68x93cm)
- Seat height: 16.1" (39cm)
- Double Seat Element:
- 31.9" h x 55.9" w x 38.2" d (81x142x97cm)
- Seat height: 15.4" (39cm)
- Left: 23.6" h x 26.8" w x 12.6" d (60x68x32cm)
- Right: 23.6" h x 32.7" w x 13.8" d (60x83x35cm)
- Short: 7.1" h x 13.8" w x 18.1" d (18x35x46cm)
- Long: 9" h x " 15" w x 33.5" d (23x38x85cm)
Wood, foam, steel
- Category I: Denim, Macchedil Grezzo, Macchedil Sottile
- Category II: Abbraci, Solis
- Category III: Boucle, Justo, Liscio, Merit, Remix 3, Vesper
- Category IV: Canvas 2, Divina 3, Divina Melange 2, Divina MD, Fiord, Tonica 2, Steel Cut 2, Steel Cut Trio 3
- Category V: Hallingdal 65, EA, Bearded Leopard Jacquard, EA Blushing Sloth Melange Mohair, EA Blushing Sloth Woolly Mohair, EA, The Silent Bison Velvet, EA Calligraphy Bird Jacquard, EA, Dodo Pavone Jacquard, EA, The Menagerie of Extinct Animals, EA, Rendezvous Tokyo Blue Velvet
- COM and COL available on request
It rhymes with “boy,” and a child’s wonder and uninhibited creative impulse is at the heart of this Amsterdam design house co-founded in 2001 by Netherlands design star Marcel Wanders. Then as now, Moooi’s aim is to crack conventions of modern design, providing a platform for the most experimental creatives around the world, including Studio Job, Bertjan Pot, Front and Neri&Hu, as well as creative director Wanders himself.
Some of Moooi’s beautifully eccentric pieces like the charred-wood Smoke Chair; the nearly life-size Horse Lamp; and Iconic Eyes, a dazzling hanging light made of BMW headlights, have become design icons. “We are not the kind of company that decides to produce a commercial chair and then contacts the right designer,” says Robin Bevers, who took the reins as CEO in 2015, after co-founder and Dutch design entrepreneur Casper Vissers stepped away. “It’s rather the other way round: they contact us.” From hotels to homes, the flights of fancy in furnishings, wallcoverings, rugs, lighting and décor from Moooi continue to marvel.