Bola Sphere fuses an elegant opal blown-glass globe with a mirrored disc reflector to give the illusion of a floating orb in its futuristic table model. Pablo’s lamp is offered in a trio of globe sizes and the next-gen LED illumination is fully dimmable. In the 3 corresponding diameters, the circular reflecting base is available in a choice of chrome, brass, and rose gold.
- Small: 8.75" h x 9.5" w x 20.3" d (22.2x24.1x20.3cm)
- Medium: 10.75" h x 12" w x 10" d (27.4x30.5x25.4cm)
- Large: 12.75" h x 14.5" w x 30.5" d (32.4x36.8x30.5cm)
- Cord Length: 96" (243.8 cm)
- Power Consumption: LED Bulb: 4.5W (8), 8W (10), 9W (12)
- Halogen Bulb: 35W (8), 60W (10), 75W (12)
- Color Temperature: 2700K
- Luminosity: 500 Lumens (8), 900 Lumens (10), 1100 Lumens (12)
- Luminaire Efficacy:
- LED: 120 Lumens/Watt
- MAX Halogen: 15 Lumens/Watt MAX
“Lighting is undergoing a revolution at the moment,” says Venezuelan-born designer/entrepreneur Pablo Pardo, who’s leading the disruption with the mix of cutting-edge technology and always-cool minimalism behind his signal brand Pablo. As he puts it, nowadays, “you can build smarts right into the lamp.” Internationally recognized, the San Francisco company was started 20-odd years ago and now Pablo racks up design awards regularly for its more than 40 technology-driven and elegantly sparse collections worldwide.
The lighting industry thought-leader credits his upbringing in a family of artists and engineers for the always forward-facing Pablo style, which embraces innovations such as LEDs and flat-panel light. “Lighting is also shrinking in size: LEDs are so small that you can put them almost anywhere,” he adds. “So the standard iconography of a lamp with a shade is being upended.”