Happily, minimalism borders on a syndrome with the Stockholm Sideboard from Spanish brand Punt. Barcelona-based designer Mario Ruiz envisioned a sleek wood cabinet, unmarred by drawer pulls or handles. Then he flipped the script with an unanticipated contrast—an inset top surface finished in a gleaming metallic aluminum "skin." Striking to behold, Mario's virtuoso Stockholm series has been lauded with the Red Dot Design Award.
- STH311: 30.75" h x 70.75" w x 18" d (79.3x180x46cm)
- STH312: 30.75" h x 70.75" w x 18" d (79.3x180x46cm)
- STH313: 40.75" h x 70.75" w x 18" d (79.3x180x46cm)
- STH411: 31.25" h x 93.75" w x 18" d (79.3x238x46cm)
- STH412: 31.25" h x 93.75" w x 18" d (79.3x238x46cm)
- STH413: 31.25" h x 93.75" w x 18" d (79.3x238x46cm)
MDF E1 and E1 particleboard, natural oak or natural walnut veneer, anodized aluminum, steel
- "A" finishes: super-matte oak, open pore white lacquered oak
- "B" finishes: super-matte walnut
- "C" finishes: ebony, dark grey, dark sand, or sienna grey stained oak
- Top finishes: gold, pale rose, bronze
- Plinth finishes: white, black, taupe
Please contact us for more information on available models.
Get the Punt? Founded in Valencia back in in 1980, the company name means “point.” The Punt (formally Puntmobles) credo philosophizes that “a point is the beginning of a line” and the Spain-based modernist furniture concern has indeed brought forth a long line of artful products in collaboration with designers such as Terence Woodgate, Odosdesign and Vincent Martinez. Along the way, the company has been recognized with numerous awards from the likes of Wallpaper magazine and others. “The points from Punt that go to make up our collection are practically infinite,” they say. “Many of these 'punts' are happy encounters, happy discoveries; others are still searches, seeking serendipity.”
Barcelona designer Mario Ruiz says he seeks “a new kind of sophistication” in his work, both “in the quality and combination of materials and in the precise styling and balanced radii.” Originally studying industrial design, he first made a name in office furnishings and technology but now Mario's international clientele has widened to include furniture, lighting and brand identity. In the process he has racked up numerous honors, including several IF citations and Red Dot, Design Plus and Wallpaper awards. Ultimately, he says, his designs should align with their surroundings, to create an environment “where one should feel well in oneself.”