$60 - $2,790
This takes "hands free" to another level. German designers Marco Biegert and Andreas Funk have reinvented the notion of telling time with an innovative, artful way of broadcasting the hours, minutes and seconds via a a matrix of words and pinpoints sharply illuminated by LEDs. Hours and 5-minute increments are spelled out, and a pinpoint in each corner of the square adds an additional minute. Even seconds can be displayed as an option via 2 buttons at the back of clock and shown as large numbers on the front matrix.
Brightness adjusts automatically to ambient conditions by way of sensors (or can be adjusted manually), time is controlled by radio signals.
Cover panel is held by magnets, and can be changed to another color or finish, or another language altogether. Each clock can convey 20+ languages—with a corresponding cover plate, which is sold separately. Or, order a Classic in a preferred language (contact us directly to special order).
The original of the QlockTwo family, the Classic can be showcased on the wall or on a tabletop with the acrylic base. On the wall but not into the plastic white cord? A range of colored fabric cords are available to transform the Classic into a pop art piece. Contact us directly for more details.
The Qlock family counts more than 30 international awards, including the prestigious Red Dot Design, iF Product Design and ADC Europe’s Gold.
- Qlock: 17.75" h x 17.75" w (45x45cm)
- Qable: 137.79" l (350cm)
Body: Wood, paint
Face: Stainless steel or synthetic glass
Qlocks come standard with white Qable.
Color Qables sold separately.
- Cover Plates: fixed by magnets and easily replaced for another color or finish. Additional plates sold separately.
- Languages: Each Qlock Touch features integrated technology for 20-plus languages. Magnetic cover plate in corresponding language must be used to facilitate this function. QlockTouch or cover plate can be ordered in a specific language.
- Handmade in Germany
- Power supply: 120-220V
- Reduced power consumption due to brilliant LED technology
- Automatically sets time by European radio signals; if clock is outside the time signal, it switches to a very accurate quartz mode.
- Light sensor allows for easy adjustment of illumination
- Automatically modifies to ambient light
- Can display seconds
Deservedly racking up more than 20 international awards in just the last few years, the German product design studio of Biegert & Funk continues to bowl over the design world with versions of their signature achievement, the Qlock. Designers Marco Biegert and Andreas Funk have, in essence, reinvented the notion of telling time with an innovative grid display of the hours, minutes and seconds of daily life. And all in 110 letters!
With variations ranging from wall clocks to wristwatches to an iPhone App, the Qlock “combines the moment with the written word and turns it into a statement,” say Marco and Andreas. Among the dozens of distinguished prizes the firm has ratcheted up are the Red Dot, iF Product Design, Good Design and the prestigious Gold Award of the ADC Europe.