The Danish concept of hygge translates as an enveloping feeling of coziness and contentment and Cloud Highback Sofa takes it to new heights. As its tall curved shell seemingly keeps the world at bay, plump seat cushions beckon with the promise of deep comfort. For Italian-born, Swedish-based designer Luca Nichetto, it's a reflection of both countries' style legacies—Mediterranean ease melded with a sense of Nordic rigor. The sofa's foam-covered plywood wraparound and seating cushions are all upholstered in the same matching textile. An overall lightness prevails, with the seating seeming to float on slim steel legs in a black, chrome or bronze finish.
- Two seat: 45.25" h x 71" w x 35.5" d (115x180.3x90.2cm)
- Three seat: 45.25" h x 91.25" w x 35.5" d (115x232x90.2cm)
- Seat height: 15.75" (40cm)
Solid steel, wood, upholstery
Comes with felt glides installed as standard
- Fabric Group 1: Remix, Canvas, Linara
- Fabric Group 2: Rime, Hallingdal, Divina, Divina MD, Divina Melange, Steelcut, Steelcut Trio, Tonus, Tonus Meadow, Hero, Fiord, Maple, Ruskin, Velvet, Chelsea
- Fabric Group 3: Balder, Sunniva, Vidar, Colline, Twill Weave, Lila, Loop
- Fabric Group 4: Sonar, Pilot, Ria, Karakorum
- Leather Group 1: Regina semi-aniline leather
- Leather Group 2: Silk aniline leather
Design is never static. When Copenhagen-based &Tradition was established in 2010, founder Martin Kornbek Hansen's mission was to produce work that was defined by a unique vision, whether it came from Danish legends of the past or young innovators of the future. The roster extends from timeless luminaries such as Verner Panton and Arne Jacobsen to current leading lights Samuel Wilkinson and Norm.Architects to exciting new names Mia Hamborg and Victor Vetterlein. As the company's Kornbek Hansen puts it: "We see a kinship between the old masters, who were avant-garde in their time, and new designers creating the ground-breaking icons of today."
With its library of furniture and lighting extending from the 1930s to the present day, the firm is uniquely positioned to carry on the Nordic tradition of unstinting craftsmanship and adroit use of materials. Nonetheless, &Tradition sees its future in global terms, handpicking design talent and production facilities internationally in an effort to continually produce relevant product and engage a new generation of conscious consumers.