Luca Nichetto says he's looked at Cloud from both sides now—"the defined shape of the Danish design tradition and the soft and cozy pillows of the Italian one." In this initial collaboration between Danish brand &Tradition and the Italian-born designer (now based in Stockholm), the Cloud sofa's plump seat cushions sit on a wood base covered in the same fabric and raised off the ground on steel legs coated to match. Back pillows and armrests rest against a gently curved support for an enveloping but clean-lined profile, emphasized by stitched edge detail.
Two seat: 29.5" h x 66" w x 33" d (75x168x84cm)
Three seat: 29.5" h x 86.5" w x 33" d (75x220x84cm)
Seat: 15.75" h (40cm)
Plywood, solid wood, no-sag springs, powder coated steel, CMHR/feather pillows, upholstery
- Fabric Group 1: Remix, Canvas, Linara
- Fabric Group 2: Rime, Hallingdal, Divina, Divina MD, Divina Melange, Steelcut, Steelcut Trio, Tonus, Tonus Meadow, Hero, Fiord, Maple, Ruskin, Velvet, Chelsea
- Fabric Group 3: Balder, Sunniva, Vidar, Colline, Twill Weave, Lila, Loop
- Fabric Group 4: Sonar, Pilot, Ria, Karakorum
- Leather Group 1: Regina semi-aniline leather
- Leather Group 2: ElmoBaltique aniline leather, ElmoRustical aniline leather, Silk aniline leather
- Leather Group 3: Nubuck aniline leather
- Available with choice of chromed or bronzed legs.
- Please contact us for more information and detailed upholstery options.
Design is never static. When Copenhagen-based &Tradition was established in 2010, founder Martin Kornbek Hansen's mission was to produce work that was defined by a unique vision, whether it came from Danish legends of the past or young innovators of the future. The roster extends from timeless luminaries such as Verner Panton and Arne Jacobsen to current leading lights Samuel Wilkinson and Norm.Architects to exciting new names Mia Hamborg and Victor Vetterlein. As the company's Kornbek Hansen puts it: "We see a kinship between the old masters, who were avant-garde in their time, and new designers creating the ground-breaking icons of today."
With its library of furniture and lighting extending from the 1930s to the present day, the firm is uniquely positioned to carry on the Nordic tradition of unstinting craftsmanship and adroit use of materials. Nonetheless, &Tradition sees its future in global terms, handpicking design talent and production facilities internationally in an effort to continually produce relevant product and engage a new generation of conscious consumers.