Sort of like enjoying just the cake frosting all by itself, this sofa from Dutch designer Edward van Vliet is all cushions. Develius from Copenhagen's &Tradition incorporates as many as 16 different modular components including sofa seating sections available with arms or without; chaise sections; a pouf or ottoman; and accompanying scatter pillows. "I wanted the entire experience to be like lounging on cushions,” says the designer. With the base angled inward, Develius seems to hover and float above the floor. The total effect is meltingly luxurious and the components can be arranged in more intimate fashion or in a more open and inviting configuration, be it for residential interiors, high-end hotels, restaurants or VIP settings.
- EV1A Left Armrest: 27.6" h x 43.3" w x 35" d (70x110x89cm)
- EV1B Right Armrest: 27.6" h x 43.3" w x 35" d (70110x89cm)
- EV1C Center: 27.6" h x35" w x 35" d (70x89x89cm)
- EV1D Corner: 27.6" h x35" w x 35" d (70x89x89cm)
- EV1H Left Chaiselong: 27.6" h x43.3" w x 59.1" d (70x110x150cm)
- EV1I Right Chaiselong: 27.6" h x 43.3" w x 59.1" d (70x110x150cm)
- EV1E Corner: 27.6" h x 35" w x 35" d (70x89x89cm)
- EV1F Left Open-Ended: 27.6" h x 43.3" w x 35" d (70x110x89cm)
- EV1G Right Open-Ended: 27.6" h x 43.3" w x 35" d (70x110x89cm)
Please contact us for more information on other configuration options.
Wood, metal, no-sag springs, HR foam and polyester, metal brackets
- Fabric Group 1: Remix, Canvas, Linara, Orion, Re-Wool
- Fabric Group 2: Hallingdal, Divina, Divina MD, Divina Melange, Steelcut, Steelcut Trio, Fiord, Maple, Chelsea, Loop
- Fabric Group 3: Balder, Sunniva, Vidar
- Fabric Group 4: Fuse, Sonar, Ria, Karakorum
- Leather Group 2: CA-MO Silk aniline leather
- COM and COL available on request
Design is never static. When Copenhagen-based &Tradition was established in 2010, founder Martin Kornbek Hansen's mission was to produce work that was defined by a unique vision, whether it came from Danish legends of the past or young innovators of the future. The roster extends from timeless luminaries such as Verner Panton and Arne Jacobsen to current leading lights Samuel Wilkinson and Norm.Architects to exciting new names Mia Hamborg and Victor Vetterlein. As the company's Kornbek Hansen puts it: "We see a kinship between the old masters, who were avant-garde in their time, and new designers creating the ground-breaking icons of today."
With its library of furniture and lighting extending from the 1930s to the present day, the firm is uniquely positioned to carry on the Nordic tradition of unstinting craftsmanship and adroit use of materials. Nonetheless, &Tradition sees its future in global terms, handpicking design talent and production facilities internationally in an effort to continually produce relevant product and engage a new generation of conscious consumers.