Danish brand Engelbrechts’ signature office seating adds an armchair with the 360-degree mobility of a 5-star swivel base on castors along with height adjustment and tilt function. Joint 1206 offers precision ergonomics with a seat choice in fine mesh netweave or resilient webbing. Designer Anders Hermann’s streamlined take on a workaday chair suits the executive suite, conference room or home workspace.
- 34.3" h x 27.2" w x 27.2" d (87.1x69x69cm)
- Seat height: 18.5" (47cm)
Polished or powder-coated aluminium
- Fabric Group 1: Cura, Relate, Reflect, Remix
- Fabric Group 2: Tonus, Fame, Forest Nap, Re-wool, Parkland, Raas
- Fabric Group 3: Fiord, Steelcut, Steelcut Trio, Hallingdal, Morph, Harmony
- Leather Group 4: Ultra, Puccini
- Leather Group 5: Savanne, Butter, Triumph, Monaco, Copenhagen, Duet, Flux
- Leather Group 6: Elegance
- COM and COL are available on request
Founder Morten Engelbrecht found his bliss while working for a Copenhagen furniture store at age 17. He didn’t know it at first; he even tried twice to get into architecture school. “I realized that it was never going to happen,” he says, and in 1989 he started his own furniture company while still in his twenties. First as an importer of other European brands, Engelbrechts then developed into an international manufacturer, partnering with the likes of renowned Danish designers Erik Magnussen, Jørgen Rasmussen and Anders Hermansen.
“Simplicity, functionality, high comfort, the design must be useful,” Morten says as he ticks off the company’s priorities. “We don’t make small details just to make it look nice, that’s not how we work.” Creating timeless furniture is also how his company looks to the future. “Good design is sustainable, both in terms of the environment but also sustainable in terms of long-lasting products that you want to keep for a lifetime.”