Beetle Meeting Chair Swivel Base: Veneer Shell + Front Upholstered
$1,299 - $2,799
With Gubi and GamFratesi reimagining Beetle in 3D veneer, a meeting chair version with a swivel base and customizing front upholstery offers a work-enhancing option. While the graceful seat ensures a high level of comfort for long meetings and conferences, the metal base gives a clean design finish in either matte black or semi-matte brass. Rendered in American walnut or oak, the shell chair takes on a bold natural expression and encourages personalization for the workplace or a hybrid space.
- 34.3" h x 19.3" w x 22.8" d (87x49x58cm)
- Seat height: 18.3" (46.5cm)
- Group A: Hot Madison Reboot, Indianskop, Mica, Natté, Tempt
- Group B: Basic, Canvas, Dandy, Eero Special FR, Flair Special FR, Gaja Classic, Harp, Lorkey, Plain, Remix, Sunday
- Group C: Around Boucle, Belsuede FR, Hallingdal, Lupo Special Diagonal Boucle, Steelcut Trio, Vidar
- Group D: Aurin, Chevron, Karakorum, Libera, Safire, Sunniva
- Group E: Svevo
- Group F: Artemidor, Brescia, Chamois, Dunes
- COM and COL are available on request
Design is an unceasing continuum, believes this Danish house, now owned by a second generation. Owner and creative director Jacob Gubi Olsen inherited the helm from his parents Gubi and Lisbeth Larson, who founded the business to showcase their postmodern furniture. Under Jacob’s watch, Gubi added a global focus to its roots in Copenhagen, with a cosmopolitan array of furniture, lighting and interior objects.
Alongside 20th Century icons such as Robert Dudley Best and Greta Magnusson-Grossman, the design house has championed a new wave of design studios including GamFratesi, Space Copenhagen and OeO Studio. “I started out with two very strong designs, Bestlite—a Bauhaus collection designed in 1930—and Gubi Chair, designed in 2003. I felt they had something in common,” says Jacobs. “Iconic appearance, functional design, high quality, aesthetic design language and adaptable for many different kinds of interiors. I took these values as a guideline for any new designs added to the collection ever since.”