Masculo Dining Chair
Masculo succinctly embodies the creative exchange in designer GamFratesi's blend of clean Scandinavian style with a lyrical Italian expression. And that opposites-attract contrast animates the seating series from husband-wife duo Stine Gam and Enrico Fratesi for Copenhagen-based Gubi. The juxtaposition of the signature boldly shaped backrest with a lightly scaled frame makes for highly versatile seating for dining or in the office. Sharply drawn in black powder-coated steel with seat and back upholstered in Kvadrat fabric or fine leather.
- 29.2" h x 27.6" w x 22.8" d (74x70x58cm)
- Seat height: 17.7" (45cm)
- Group A: Hot Madison Reboot, Indianskop, Mica, Natté, Tempt
- Group B: Basic, Canvas, Dandy, Eero Special FR, Flair Special FR, Gaja Classic, Harp, Lorkey, Remix
- Group C: Hallingdal, Lupo Special Diagonal Boucle, Steelcut Trio, Vidar
- Group D: Aurin, Karakorum, Libera, Safire, Sunniva
- Group E: Svevo
- Group F: Artemidor, Brescia, Chamois, Dunes
- COM and COL are available on request
Design is an unceasing continuum, believes this Danish house, now owned by a second generation. Owner and creative director Jacob Gubi Olsen inherited the helm from his parents Gubi and Lisbeth Larson, who founded the business to showcase their postmodern furniture. Under Jacob’s watch, Gubi added a global focus to its roots in Copenhagen, with a cosmopolitan array of furniture, lighting and interior objects.
Alongside 20th Century icons such as Robert Dudley Best and Greta Magnusson-Grossman, the design house has championed a new wave of design studios including GamFratesi, Space Copenhagen and OeO Studio. “I started out with two very strong designs, Bestlite—a Bauhaus collection designed in 1930—and Gubi Chair, designed in 2003. I felt they had something in common,” says Jacobs. “Iconic appearance, functional design, high quality, aesthetic design language and adaptable for many different kinds of interiors. I took these values as a guideline for any new designs added to the collection ever since.”