Move to the Discocó beat! Designer Christophe Mathieu's pulsating arrangement of 35 disks in his pendant light for Barcelona's Marset is captivating even when turned off. But aglow, there's a dramatic play of light and shadow that has a rhythm all its own. Besides providing full downward illumination, light bounces off both sides of the disks in a nuanced gradation. And reflections dance off the chrome-covered sphere at the core where the disks are anchored. In a range of sizes to light up the night.
- Discocó 35: 11 h x 13.75" dia (28x35.2cm) Hanging height: 79" (200cm)
- Discocó 53: 16.75" h x 20.75" dia (42.5x53cm) Hanging height: 79" (200cm)
- Discocó 68: 20.5" h x 26.75" dia (52.1x68cm) Hanging height: 79" (200cm)
- Discocó 88: 26.75" h x 34.75" dia (68x88cm) Hanging height: 118" (300cm)
- Discocó 35: E12 CFL Type A19 11W or Type G16.5 60W or LED Type G16.5 5W
- Discocó 53: E26 CFL Globe 23W or Type A21 150W or LED Type A 11W
- Discocó 68: 3x E26 CFL Globe 23W or Type A19 75W or LED Type A 11W
- Discocó 88: 3x E26 CFL Globe 23W or Type A19 100W or LED Type A 11W
- Translucent cord
- Canopy: 4.25" dia
Contact us for pricing and availability of Discocó 132
“Marset is more than lamps: We take care of light in its different nuances and effects, to create atmospheres with character, helping to improve people’s quality of life,” declares the Barcelona-based company. Marset’s dual preoccupation with both crisp contemporary design and the more elusive ambiance of lighting has firmly fixed the firm on the design world’s cutting-edge radar. A series of attention-grabbing and innovative fixtures account for the recent revitalization of the brand, though Marset has actually been around since the 1940s.
A family business, Marset was originally a foundry, not a lighting company. It segued into lighting design when Francisco Marset formally established Marset Illuminacion in 1965. Decades devoted to metalwork easily translated to the contemporary lighting industry, with a dexterity of materials available to create unexpected, atmospheric lighting effects. Not to mention the influence of its Barcelona home, a city renowned for architecture, design and visual inspiration.