Just as the Pop movement stunned the art world, BAM! shakes up the idea of a sofa, here in a 3-seater version. Massproductions co-founder and chief designer Chris Martin plays up the geometry of block-shaped cushions for the armless seat and back, filled with recycled goose and duck feathers (sterilized via high temperature without chemicals). Buttress-like legs come upholstered in the same material and one of the back cushions sports a black embroidered logo patch, a nod to American artist Roy Lichenstein. BAM! is delivered in eco-smart flat packaging and easily assembled with few components.
- 31.1" h x 70.9" w x 34.6" d (79x180x88cm)
- Seat height: 15" (38cm)
Duck feathers, wood
- Fabric A: Relate, Reflect, Field 2, Era, Advantage, Mainline Flax, Linara, Smooth, Solids & Stripes, Natté
- Fabric B: Floyd, Remix 3, Molly 2, Blazer, Synergy, Ruskin, Kota, Osumi, Acton, Leone plus, Creek, Lido, Lido Trend
- Fabric C: Tonus 4, Safire (Sahco), Re-wool, Melange Nap, Foss, Steelcut Trio, Steelcut 2, Canvas 2, Planum, Nitto, Silk, Fuga, Lamu, Ponza, Wooly, Wooly+, Loop
- Fabric C Plus: Hallingdal 65, Harald 3, Vidar 3,Divina 3, Divina MD, Plecto, Mosiac 2, Sprinkles, Tweed
- Fabric D: Coda 2, Noise, Euro Post, Luna 2, Nuance, Elmo Soft, Elmo Nordic
- Fabric D Plus: Pilot, Silas, Tiree, Dunes, Elmo Rustical, Storr, Karakorum
- Fabric E: Gentle 2, Shade
- COM and COL are available on request
“Our goal is to use industrial processes to create furniture which people can get excited about, something that gives them pride of ownership,” says Chris Martin of Stockholm-based Massproductions. “You can do that with a hand-crafted piece, but for us the satisfaction comes from achieving it with an industrially produced article.” Chris, an Englishman, and Swedish business partner Magnus Elebäck first met as independent consultants and eventually put their accumulated knowledge to work for themselves in 2009 by opening their own furniture company, Massproductions.
Within modernist design codes, they strive for a “dignified simplicity” and their emblematic Tio Chair took the prestigious Golden Chair award from the Swedish Association of Architects. Also cognizant of environmental factors, a core concept is to produce “cleverly and in volume” to emphasize sustainability as well as social ethics, Chris says. "We believe that responsible and rational mass production benefits the consumer, the factory worker and everyone in-between.”