An upholstered seat in a choice of premium fabrics or rich leather means hours of added comfort. Crafted in solid timber, Waiter is practically an essential for hanging out or at mealtimes, with its contoured shape and generous proportions. And, thoughtfully, designer and Massproductions cofounder Chris Martin angles the stool’s legs in at the bottom, to avoid tripping over them.
- Counter: 37" h x 15.25" w x 19.75" d (94x39x50cm)
- Seat height: 25.5" (65cm)
- Bar: 41" h x 15.25" w x 19.75" d (104x39x50cm)
- Seat height: 29.5" (75cm)
- Fabric A: Lido, Lido Trend, Solids & Stripes, Natte, Era, Advantage, Linara
- Fabric B: Wooly, Wooly+, Dakota Suede, Mainline Flax, Synergy
- Fabric C: Tweed, Hero, Remix, Steelcut Trio, Blazer, Hemp, Silk, Ruskin
- Fabric C+: Ponza, Tonus 4, Hallingdal 65, Ritz, Nettle, Euro Post, Luna 2
- Fabric D: ElmoSoft, ElmoNordic, ElmoRustical
Oak or beech, fabric or leather upholstery
“Our goal is to use industrial processes to create furniture which people can get excited about, something that gives them pride of ownership,” says Chris Martin of Stockholm-based Massproductions. “You can do that with a hand-crafted piece, but for us the satisfaction comes from achieving it with an industrially produced article.” Chris, an Englishman, and Swedish business partner Magnus Elebäck first met as independent consultants and eventually put their accumulated knowledge to work for themselves in 2009 by opening their own furniture company, Massproductions.
Within modernist design codes, they strive for a “dignified simplicity” and their emblematic Tio Chair took the prestigious Golden Chair award from the Swedish Association of Architects. Also cognizant of environmental factors, a core concept is to produce “cleverly and in volume” to emphasize sustainability as well as social ethics, Chris says. "We believe that responsible and rational mass production benefits the consumer, the factory worker and everyone in-between.”