BFF Modular Sofa: Footstool
Moooi’s play on the traditional quilted chesterfield sofa adds a versatile ottoman to its BFF modular collection. Designer Marcel Wanders exaggerates the characteristic style of diagonally stitched sections with button-tufting in this sleek update. Comfortably soft cushioning and generous size make it a superlative footrest that doubles as extra seating.
14.2" h x 26" w x 26" d (36x66x66cm)
- Category I: Denim, Macchedil Grezzo, Macchedil Sottile, Solis
- Category III: Boucle, Justo, Liscio, Merit, Vesper, Jacquard Fresco, Jacquard Andaz, Jacquard Old Black/Blue
- Category IV: Divina 3, Divina Melange 3, Divina MD, Palette
- Category V: EA, Bearded Leopard Jacquard, EA, Blushing Sloth Woolly Mohair, EA, Blushing Sloth Melange Mohair, EA, Calligraphy Bird Jacquard, EA, Dodo Pavone Jacquard
- Leather Category I: Ultra
- Leather Category II: Savanne, Spectrum
- Leather Category III: Shade
- COM and COL are available on request
It rhymes with “boy,” and a child’s wonder and uninhibited creative impulse is at the heart of this Amsterdam design house co-founded in 2001 by Netherlands design star Marcel Wanders. Then as now, Moooi’s aim is to crack conventions of modern design, providing a platform for the most experimental creatives around the world, including Studio Job, Bertjan Pot, Front and Neri&Hu, as well as creative director Wanders himself.
Some of Moooi’s beautifully eccentric pieces like the charred-wood Smoke Chair; the nearly life-size Horse Lamp; and Iconic Eyes, a dazzling hanging light made of BMW headlights, have become design icons. “We are not the kind of company that decides to produce a commercial chair and then contacts the right designer,” says Robin Bevers, who took the reins as CEO in 2015, after co-founder and Dutch design entrepreneur Casper Vissers stepped away. “It’s rather the other way round: they contact us.” From hotels to homes, the flights of fancy in furnishings, wallcoverings, rugs, lighting and décor from Moooi continue to marvel.