Hana Armchair: Swivel Base
Set on a swivel base, this low-back adaptation of designer Simone Bonanni's comfortably encircling Hana offers an ease of movement that's perfect for unwinding. Inspired by the shape of a blooming flower, the designer fashions a decidedly soft lounge chair for total relaxation and repose. Hana’s signature molded foam curves are carefully upholstered in a range of materials, with gentle folds to play up the characteristics of the individual material.
- 29.1" h x 39.4" w x 36.2" d (74x100x92cm)
- Seat height: 15.7" (40cm)
Metal frame, elastic straps, foam
- Category I: Denim, Macchedil Grezzo, Macchedil Sottile, Solis, Abbracci
- Category II: Oray Ray, Oray Ronan, Remix 3
- Category III: Boucle, Jacquard Andaz, Jacquard Fresco, Jacquard Old Black/Blue, Justo, Liscio, Merit, Vesper
- Category IV: Divina 3, Divina Melange 3, Divina MD, Fiord, Mosaic 2, Steel Cut Trio 3, Palette
- Category V: Hallingdal 65, EA, Bearded Leopard Jacquard, EA Blushing Sloth Melange Mohair, EA, Calligraphy Bird Jacquard, EA, Dodo Pavone Jacquard, EA, Rendezvous Tokyo Blue Velvet, Menagerie of Extinct animals velvet, Memento medley velvet dawn
- Leather Category I: Ultra
- Leather Category II: Savanne, Spectrum
- Leather Category III: Shade
- COM and COL are available on request
It rhymes with “boy,” and a child’s wonder and uninhibited creative impulse is at the heart of this Amsterdam design house co-founded in 2001 by Netherlands design star Marcel Wanders. Then as now, Moooi’s aim is to crack conventions of modern design, providing a platform for the most experimental creatives around the world, including Studio Job, Bertjan Pot, Front and Neri&Hu, as well as creative director Wanders himself.
Some of Moooi’s beautifully eccentric pieces like the charred-wood Smoke Chair; the nearly life-size Horse Lamp; and Iconic Eyes, a dazzling hanging light made of BMW headlights, have become design icons. “We are not the kind of company that decides to produce a commercial chair and then contacts the right designer,” says Robin Bevers, who took the reins as CEO in 2015, after co-founder and Dutch design entrepreneur Casper Vissers stepped away. “It’s rather the other way round: they contact us.” From hotels to homes, the flights of fancy in furnishings, wallcoverings, rugs, lighting and décor from Moooi continue to marvel.