Hana Armchair Wingback: Swivel Base
Pivot from reading to watching TV across the room or just enjoy the gentle swaying motion of Moooi's easy swivel version of Hana Wingback. Milanese designer Simone Bonanni employs deeply soft, molded-foam curves for lounging in extended comfort. Luxuriously personalized in a custom premium fabric or buttery leather, each brings its own characteristic effect to the chair's signature surface folds.
- 49.6" h x 46.9" w x 37.8" d (126x119x96cm)
- Seat height: 15.7" (40cm)
Metal frame, elastic straps, foam
- Category I: Denim, Macchedil Grezzo, Macchedil Sottile
- Category II: Oray Ray, Oray Ronan, Solis, Abbracci
- Category III: Boucle, Jacquard Andaz, Jacquard Fresco, Jacquard Old Black/Blue, Justo, Liscio, Merit, Remix 3, Vesper
- Category IV: Canvas 2, Divina 3, Divina Melange 3, Divina MD, Fiord, Mosaic 2, Tonica 2, Steel Cut 2, Steel Cut Trio 3, Palette
- Category V: Hallingdal 65, EA, Bearded Leopard Jacquard, EA Blushing Sloth Melange Mohair, EA, Calligraphy Bird Jacquard, EA, Dodo Pavone Jacquard, EA, The Menagerie of Extinct Animals Velvet, EA, Rendezvous Tokyo Blue Velvet
- Leather Category I: Ultra
- Leather Category II: Savanne, Spectrum
- Leather Category III: Shade
- COM and COL available on request
It rhymes with “boy,” and a child’s wonder and uninhibited creative impulse is at the heart of this Amsterdam design house co-founded in 2001 by Netherlands design star Marcel Wanders. Then as now, Moooi’s aim is to crack conventions of modern design, providing a platform for the most experimental creatives around the world, including Studio Job, Bertjan Pot, Front and Neri&Hu, as well as creative director Wanders himself.
Some of Moooi’s beautifully eccentric pieces like the charred-wood Smoke Chair; the nearly life-size Horse Lamp; and Iconic Eyes, a dazzling hanging light made of BMW headlights, have become design icons. “We are not the kind of company that decides to produce a commercial chair and then contacts the right designer,” says Robin Bevers, who took the reins as CEO in 2015, after co-founder and Dutch design entrepreneur Casper Vissers stepped away. “It’s rather the other way round: they contact us.” From hotels to homes, the flights of fancy in furnishings, wallcoverings, rugs, lighting and décor from Moooi continue to marvel.