While its tall curved shell seemingly keeps outside intrusions to a minimum, this enveloping and luxurious seating from Italian-born, Swedish-based designer Luca Nichetto still manages to convey a feeling of lightness. A variation on the similar Cloud Sofa from &Tradition, the chair's feather and foam-filled seat cushions rest on a self-upholstered wood base while slim steel legs in a black, chrome or bronzed finish appear to keep the seating serenely afloat.
- 45.3" h x 40.2" w x 33.9" d (115x102x86cm)
- Seat height: 15.7" (40cm)
- Fabric Group 1: Remix, Canvas, Linara, Re-Wool
- Fabric Group 2: Hallingdal, Divina, Divina MD, Divina Melange, Steelcut, Steelcut Trio, Tonus, Hero, Fiord, Maple, Chelsea, Loop
- Fabric Group 3: Atelier Moderne, Balder, Sunniva, Vidar
- Fabric Group 4: Fuse, Karakorum, Karandash, Ria, Sonar
- Leather Group 1: Regina semi-aniline leather
- Leather Group 2: ElmoBaltique aniline leather, ElmoRustical aniline leather, Silk aniline leather
- COM and COL available on request
Design is never static. When Copenhagen-based &Tradition was established in 2010, founder Martin Kornbek Hansen's mission was to produce work that was defined by a unique vision, whether it came from Danish legends of the past or young innovators of the future. The roster extends from timeless luminaries such as Verner Panton and Arne Jacobsen to current leading lights Samuel Wilkinson and Norm.Architects to exciting new names Mia Hamborg and Victor Vetterlein. As the company's Kornbek Hansen puts it: "We see a kinship between the old masters, who were avant-garde in their time, and new designers creating the ground-breaking icons of today."
With its library of furniture and lighting extending from the 1930s to the present day, the firm is uniquely positioned to carry on the Nordic tradition of unstinting craftsmanship and adroit use of materials. Nonetheless, &Tradition sees its future in global terms, handpicking design talent and production facilities internationally in an effort to continually produce relevant product and engage a new generation of conscious consumers.