$710 - $2,710
Lotus brings trim lines and a tailored sensibility to the idea of a lounge chair. Equally apropos for a residential or commercial space, the model's small scale reveals a surprisingly spacious and comfortable seat. The molded-foam body combines an internal steel frame with elastic webbing for comfort and support and the cast-aluminum base features an internal return mechanism that centers the chair after sitting. Metal base available in either a mirror polish or matte-black finish.
- 25.6" h x 28.7" w x 26.8" d (65x73x68cm)
- Seat height: 14.6" (37cm)
- Fabric B: Barbat, Chanel, Lecco, Optim, Rialto, Superga
- Fabric C: Acker, Como, Donnafugata Soft, Gaja Classic, Jojo, Sobral, Teddybea, Tundra 01, Wilde, Wilde 01
- Fabric D: Barnum, Credo, Esopo 01, Europost 2, Everest, Katmandu, Luna 2, Maple, Mica, Nobilis, Novum, Opera, Sera, Shake, Topia
- Fabric E: Divina 3, Divina MD, Divina Melange 3, Harald 3, Savana
- Fabric F: Comfort+
- Leather A: House Leather, Prescott, Toscano
- Leather B: Cashmere, Elmosoft IX, Elmonordic IV, Lord
- Leather C: Acquario, Shearling
- COM and COL are available on request
Design is never static. When Copenhagen-based &Tradition was established in 2010, founder Martin Kornbek Hansen's mission was to produce work that was defined by a unique vision, whether it came from Danish legends of the past or young innovators of the future. The roster extends from timeless luminaries such as Verner Panton and Arne Jacobsen to current leading lights Samuel Wilkinson and Norm.Architects to exciting new names Mia Hamborg and Victor Vetterlein. As the company's Kornbek Hansen puts it: "We see a kinship between the old masters, who were avant-garde in their time, and new designers creating the ground-breaking icons of today."
With its library of furniture and lighting extending from the 1930s to the present day, the firm is uniquely positioned to carry on the Nordic tradition of unstinting craftsmanship and adroit use of materials. Nonetheless, &Tradition sees its future in global terms, handpicking design talent and production facilities internationally in an effort to continually produce relevant product and engage a new generation of conscious consumers.