3D Dining Chair Sledge Base: Plastic Shell + Front Upholstered
$699 - $1,299
With front-facing upholstery in a premium textile or leather, this 3D plastic version from Gubi boasts a tubular steel base for remarkably stable seating for the home, office or hybrid spaces. Originally developed for wood veneer, the breakthrough process from Komplot Design also produces a dining chair made of injection-molded HyRek. Featuring the same ultra-slim thickness of material, the edges turn gently inward while the ergonomic contours promise lasting comfort.
- 31.5" h x 20.9" w x 22" d (82x53x56cm)
- Seat height: 18.5" (47cm)
- Group A: Hot Madison Reboot, Indianskop, Mica, Natté, Tempt
- Group B: Basic, Canvas, Flair Special FR, Gaja Classic, Harp, Lorkey, Remix
- Group C: Hallingdal, Lupo Special Diagonal Boucle, Steelcut Trio, Vidar
- Group D: Aurin, Karakorum, Libera, Safire, Sunniva
- Group E: Svevo
- Group F: Artemidor, Brescia, Chamois, Dunes
- COM and COL are available on request
Design is an unceasing continuum, believes this Danish house, now owned by a second generation. Owner and creative director Jacob Gubi Olsen inherited the helm from his parents Gubi and Lisbeth Larson, who founded the business to showcase their postmodern furniture. Under Jacob’s watch, Gubi added a global focus to its roots in Copenhagen, with a cosmopolitan array of furniture, lighting and interior objects.
Alongside 20th Century icons such as Robert Dudley Best and Greta Magnusson-Grossman, the design house has championed a new wave of design studios including GamFratesi, Space Copenhagen and OeO Studio. “I started out with two very strong designs, Bestlite—a Bauhaus collection designed in 1930—and Gubi Chair, designed in 2003. I felt they had something in common,” says Jacobs. “Iconic appearance, functional design, high quality, aesthetic design language and adaptable for many different kinds of interiors. I took these values as a guideline for any new designs added to the collection ever since.”