Bat Dining Chair: Black Plastic Base + Fully Upholstered
With its inviting, distinctive shell reminiscent of the shape of a bat’s wingspan, this completely clad version of designer duo GamFratesi's namesake dining chair is paired with a crisp black plastic base. Comfort is assured with the ergonomic contours and built-in armrests of Gubi's updated take on Scandinavian shell seating. An extensive range of custom upholstery choices is available to complement the molded profile of this epitome of simplicity and functionalism.
- 32.7" h x 24" w x 22.4" d (83x61x57cm)
- Seat height: 17.7" (45cm)
- Group A: Hot Madison Reboot, Indianskop, Natté, Tempt
- Group B: Basic, Canvas, Dandy, Eero Special FR, Flair Special FR, Harp, Lorkey, Plain, Remix
- Group C: Around Boucle, Belsuede FR, Hallingdal, Lupo Special Diagonal Boucle, Steelcut Trio, Vidar
- Group D: Aurin, Chevron, Karakorum, Libera, Safire, Sunniva
- Group E: Svevo
- Group F: Artemidor, Brescia, Chamois, Dunes
- COM and COL are available on request
Design is an unceasing continuum, believes this Danish house, now owned by a second generation. Owner and creative director Jacob Gubi Olsen inherited the helm from his parents Gubi and Lisbeth Larson, who founded the business to showcase their postmodern furniture. Under Jacob’s watch, Gubi added a global focus to its roots in Copenhagen, with a cosmopolitan array of furniture, lighting and interior objects.
Alongside 20th Century icons such as Robert Dudley Best and Greta Magnusson-Grossman, the design house has championed a new wave of design studios including GamFratesi, Space Copenhagen and OeO Studio. “I started out with two very strong designs, Bestlite—a Bauhaus collection designed in 1930—and Gubi Chair, designed in 2003. I felt they had something in common,” says Jacobs. “Iconic appearance, functional design, high quality, aesthetic design language and adaptable for many different kinds of interiors. I took these values as a guideline for any new designs added to the collection ever since.”