Wonder's spacious 2 Seater offers expansive comfort with a more compact footprint in Space Copenhagen's take on '70s lounge furniture. Plump cushions with duck feather and foam particle fill are softly folded over the clean, square lines of the backrest and ingeniously secured with hidden magnets. Available with a choice of fixed or removable covers, the generous dimensions leave plenty of room to relax while the functional backrest's ergonomic support helps avoid unintentionally sliding down into an uncomfortable horizontal position. With a choice of textiles and seam detailing, Wonder can be customized to fit both formal and more casual spaces and shows off its appeal from every angle.
- 29.9" h x 74.8" w x 37.4" d (76x190x95)
- Seat height: 15.7" (40cm)
Solid pine wood
- Group A: Indianskop, Mica, Relate, Tempt
- Group B: Basic, Canvas,Eero Special FR, Flair Special FR, Gaja Classic, Harp, Plain, Remix, Sunday
- Group C: Around Boucle, Belsuede FR, Hallingdal, Lupo Special Diagonal Boucle, Steelcut Trio, Vidar 3
- Group D: Aurin 5, Chevron, Libera, Karakorum, Sunniva
- Group E: Svevo
- Group F: Artemidor, Brescia, Chamois, Dunes
- COM and COL are available on request
Design is an unceasing continuum, believes this Danish house, now owned by a second generation. Owner and creative director Jacob Gubi Olsen inherited the helm from his parents Gubi and Lisbeth Larson, who founded the business to showcase their postmodern furniture. Under Jacob’s watch, Gubi added a global focus to its roots in Copenhagen, with a cosmopolitan array of furniture, lighting and interior objects.
Alongside 20th Century icons such as Robert Dudley Best and Greta Magnusson-Grossman, the design house has championed a new wave of design studios including GamFratesi, Space Copenhagen and OeO Studio. “I started out with two very strong designs, Bestlite—a Bauhaus collection designed in 1930—and Gubi Chair, designed in 2003. I felt they had something in common,” says Jacobs. “Iconic appearance, functional design, high quality, aesthetic design language and adaptable for many different kinds of interiors. I took these values as a guideline for any new designs added to the collection ever since.”