Aldora 2 Seater Sofa
With soft rounded contours inspired by the graceful petals of calla lilies, Moooi brings the allure of fashionable Milanese style to a compact but expressive 2-seater. Designer Cristina Celestino imbues Aldora with extravagant charm via its sculptural backrest that invites 2 people to converse for hours on end. A natural focal point with customizing upholstery choices aplenty, the sofa feels at home anywhere—in a living room, bedroom or office, and because of its compact size, also in an entry, corridor or any other smaller space.
- 32.7" h x 80.7" w x 30.7" d (83x205x78cm)
- Seat height: 16.1" (41cm)
- Category I: Denim, Solis, Abbracci
- Category II: Remix 3
- Category III: Boucle, Justo, Liscio, Vesper, Jacquard Fresco, Jacquard Old Black/Blue
- Category IV: Divina 3, Divina Melange 3, Divina MD, Fiord 2, Mosaic 2, Steel Cut Trio 3, Palette
- Category V: EA, Bearded Leopard Jacquard, EA, Blushing Sloth Woolly Mohair, EA, Blushing Sloth Melange Mohair, EA, Calligraphy Bird Jacquard, EA, Dodo Pavone Jacquard, EA, Rendezvous Tokyo Blue Velvet, Hallingdal 65
- Leather Category I: Ultra
- Leather Category II: Savanne, Spectrum
- Leather Category III: Shade
- COM and COL available on request
It rhymes with “boy,” and a child’s wonder and uninhibited creative impulse is at the heart of this Amsterdam design house co-founded in 2001 by Netherlands design star Marcel Wanders. Then as now, Moooi’s aim is to crack conventions of modern design, providing a platform for the most experimental creatives around the world, including Studio Job, Bertjan Pot, Front and Neri&Hu, as well as creative director Wanders himself.
Some of Moooi’s beautifully eccentric pieces like the charred-wood Smoke Chair; the nearly life-size Horse Lamp; and Iconic Eyes, a dazzling hanging light made of BMW headlights, have become design icons. “We are not the kind of company that decides to produce a commercial chair and then contacts the right designer,” says Robin Bevers, who took the reins as CEO in 2015, after co-founder and Dutch design entrepreneur Casper Vissers stepped away. “It’s rather the other way round: they contact us.” From hotels to homes, the flights of fancy in furnishings, wallcoverings, rugs, lighting and décor from Moooi continue to marvel.